Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{sephora f&f haul}

I love this time of the year when I receive Sephora's F&F 20% discount!  Most of my beauty products are purchased there so I tend to overspend when this baby comes around.  I stalk up on essentials and splurge on items that are not a must.  


{essentials}


{UD Eyeshadow Primer in original, Too Faced Mascara in Pitch Black, UD 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero}


I have 2 favorite make up brands: UD and Make Up Forever.  UD Eyeshadow Primer is a must if you want your shadows to go on true to color and a must if you want to prevent any creasing throughout the day.  Honestly, my eyeshadow looks great all day when I use this primer.  UD 24/7 eyeliner goes on super smooth, I own it in Zero, Yeyo, and Bourbon.  I recently got turned on to Too Faced Lash Injection mascara by my coworker.  I was part of the Diorshow cult for a very long time and have always wanted to venture out to other mascaras but could never find one that worked as well.  Then came along Lash Injection and I broke out of the cult.  ;)

{Make Up Forever: HD Microfinish Powder, Mat Velvet+ foundation in #35, and HD Primer in #7}


Make Up For Ever!!  Let's first talk about face primers.  I always feel it's a must to wear face primer.  Face primers 1) creates a barrier between your skin and your make up, and 2) make your make up go on so much smoother/better.  I use Make Up For Ever's HD Primer in #7, the pink helps to reduce shallowness.  They came in plenty of different colors to combat different flaws.  Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet+ foundation is great for people who have oily skin (like me!).  This foundation does keep my oil better under control throughout the day compared to their HD Foundation.  I always finish my face with their HD Microfinish Powder (translucent powder).


{Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb parfum, Coco Chanel Mademoiselle parfum}

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb parfum is the only perfume I have ever finished in my whole life.  It is the only perfume I never got tired of.  It's complicated notes always excite me every time I put it on and I get a ton of compliments on it.  I'm giving Coco Chanel Mademoiselle a try.  It shares similar notes to Flowerbomb: bergamot, jasmine, patchouli, and rose.... and both fragrance styles are categorized as oriental/floral.  You can never go wrong with Chanel.  :)

{splurge}

{Boxom lip gloss in April, Clarins On-the-Spot Brightening Corrector}

I received the Boxom 500 pts gift set and really loved the lip gloss in April.  It's a great everyday color that is nice worn alone, over lip liner, or over lipstick.  I thought I'd give Clarins On-the-Spot Brightening Corrector a try since I have a dark spot on my lip and a few tiny specs under my left eye.  There's so many brighteners on the market right now, I might as well jump right in!  I'll do a follow up review on it in a few weeks.  Keep an eye out for it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment