Monday, January 7, 2013

{move it, baby weight}




I thought I would share how I lost my pregnancy weight in 4 months.  I gained roughly 40 pounds during my pregnancy.  I  don't know the exact weight because I stopped weighing myself the last couple of weeks out of sheer fear.  Now, 5 months post-pregnancy, I weigh less than my pre-pregnancy weight.  This is what I did:

  • I started taking short walks around my neighborhood 3 weeks post-delivery with my son.  I did this 2-3 times a week and gradually increased it as I continued to heal.    
  • I slowly introduced Kickboxing and Pilates to my routine when my body felt comfortable doing so.  I did the TurboJam dvd at home 2x a week and a Pilates dvd 1x a week while continuing my walks.
  • Once fully healed my routine became TurboJam dvd 2x a week, Pilates class at 24hr fitness 1x a week, and 45 minute walk around my neighborhood 6x a week.    
  • I ate healthy.  I didn't diet because I'm breastfeeding and I didn't want my supply to suffer.  
  • I breastfeed.  It burns extra calories and it helped my uterus shrink back to post-pregnancy size.
  • I used the Belly Bandit BFF to assist in my uterus shrinkage.  
My success was largely due to: 1) a supportive husband who solely cared for Connor while I worked out and, 2) self-discipline of wanting to get back to shape.

Now that I am back at work my workout schedule has changed.  I do the TurboJam dvd 2x a week, Pilates dvd 1x a week, and a 45 minute walk at least once a week.  I'm looking to get other cardio dvds to mix things up.  Once we start getting more daylight I am going to take walks after work or early in the morning before work.  

Hope my story inspires you.  If you have any questions, feel free to leave it in the comments.  :)  xo, jules

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jules, do you do the 20turbojam workout or the turbo sculpt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luci! I do the Cardio Party DVD. I'm interested to get more kickboxing DVDs and maybe a Piloxing DVD. If you have any DVDs to recommend, I love to know!

      Delete