Wednesday, May 9, 2012

{review : sephora advanced lash booster mascara}


My co-worker gifted the Sephora Favorites Lashstash to me last Christmas and I am, slowly but surely, going to review all the mascara in the set for you.  



The set comes with a pretty impressive selection of (click on each link to read my review):
  • Bare Escentuals -- bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara
  • Fairydrops -- Scandal Queen Mascara (most excited to try this one!)
  • Hourglass -- Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara
  • Josie Maran -- GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara
  • Make Up For Ever -- Smoky Lash / Extra Noir Smoky Lash
  • Sephora Collection -- Advanced Lash Booster
  • Stila -- Forever Your Curl Mascara
  • Tarte -- Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara
  • Too Faced -- LashGASM
  • Urban Decay -- Supercurl Curling Mascara
  • Clinique -- Take The Day Off Makeup Remover




I've been using the Sephora Collection Advanced Lash Booster and I would give it a 3 out of 5.  Here's why: 

Pros:
  • Color intensity (A nice intense noir color, which I prefer.)
  • Volumizes 
  • Lengthens 
Cons:
  • Takes WAAAAY too long to dry.  The mascara always smears onto the skin under my bottom lash line because I'm too impatient to wait the 28473 minutes (sarcasm) for it to dry.  I've been using a different mascara on my bottom lashes to prevent this & to save myself time.  
  • Clumping.  I've noticed this with  most intense noir volumizing mascaras -- they tend to clump.  My solution is to take the wand out at an angle so excess mascara is removed onto the side/edge of the tube.  Or, you can wipe the wand with tissue paper to remove excess product.  

Would I buy this product?  Probably not.  


No comments:

Post a Comment